U19 NATIONAL PERFORMANCE LEAGUE SQUADS
Both U19 & U21 programmes consist of a training ‘long’ squad of 20 athletes from which a short squad of 12 players are selected to compete for Severn Stars in the NPL league.
Both squads, alongside the U17’s, also re-open for the NPL Tournament in July every year.
This year, the competition for places has been the strongest one yet and has made the coach’s decision extremely hard.
After a tough selection process, we are excited to announce the successful athletes that have been chosen to represent the U19 Severn Stars pathway squad for the 2020/21 season;
Katie Pauling, Olivia Selby, Lauren Wilkinson, Sophia Winfield, Halee Robinson, Nadine Baird, Sydney Palmer, Emily Brooks, Victoria Robley, Monica White, Harriet Sanderson, Jasmine Franks.
Georgie Thorp, Lucy Drury, Annie Letori, Ella Hawkins, Madison Levy, Alyssa Henley-Furneaux, Madeleine Mcleod, Poppy Jones, Malika Beadle, Isabel Cunnington.
Click on the link below to find out where the U19 are currently standing in their league for the 2020/21 season:
For more information on how to apply for entry into the pathway please see below.
SEVERN STARS NPL TRIAL INFORMATION 2020/21
To be eligible to trial for the U19 2020/21 squad you must be born in 2002 or 2003.
Under 19s trials will take place at the University of Worcester Arena at 7:30-10pm
Thursday 29th October AND 5th November 2020 (you are required to attend both dates).
2020/21 Training takes place twice a week:
Tuesday 7:15-9:15pm at the University of Gloucestershire Arena.
Thursday 8-10pm at the University of Worcester Arena.
Severn Stars U19 Management Team:
Head Coach: Jasmine Hainsworth
Assistant Coaches: Emma Mckenzie and Caroline Ritchie-Morgan
Strength and Conditioning Coach: Tim Franzmann
COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The situation around COVID-19 is ever changing and here at Severn Stars we want you to be sure that we are fully up to date with all processes and procedures aligned to England Netball guidance. It is essential that you read all information you can about returning to play and that you make the best decision based on your individual circumstances.
NPL falls under the England Netball roadmap for the return of COMMUNITY netball. By the time of trials we will be at point 4b of this roadmap – ‘Competition and Modified Rules.’
For all risks involved and more information from England Netball on this including the adaptations to the game we will be following please click here.
There is also a video from England Netball about the risks involved here.
- Our COVID Officer is Olivia who can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Severn Stars will have completed all risk assessments and mitigation plans to England Netball standards.
- In advance of trials, a list of all COVID-19 information will be sent by email including the following:
- We will provide a digital track and trace system that each player must take part in at all trials, training and matches.
- Please bring a mobile phone to scan a QR code upon entering a training or playing venue.
- A maximum of 30 per court are permitted (including players, officials, coaches and selectors).
- To ensure maximum number of triallists no spectators are allowed (drop off and pick up outside the building, details sent in advance).
- Players are asked to wear masks when entering the building and leaving the trial area (courts).
- Players must arrive changed and cannot use the showers or changing rooms after the trial.
- Players must arrive ready to be on court at the start time given (not too early) and leave immediately once trials are over.
Specific times and drop off points will be communicated in advance.
- Players are asked to bring their own antibacterial hand gel to use every 15 minutes at trials. Hand gel is provided by the venues, but it will be more time efficient for each player to use their own.
- You will be sent a Health Declaration Questionnaire to screen for possible COVID-19 symptoms before the trial.
- If you are unsure whether you are high risk or not, you should seek advice from your own GP.