U19 NATIONAL PERFORMANCE LEAGUE SQUADS
Both U19 & U21 programmes consist of a training ‘long’ squad of 20 athletes from which we then select a squad of up to 15 players who compete in NPL leagues for Severn Stars.
Both squads also re-open for the NPL Tournament alongside the U17s in July every year.
For more information on how to apply for entry into the pathway please see below.
SEVERN STARS NPL TRIAL INFORMATION 2020/21
To be eligible to trial for the U19 2020/21 squad you must be born in 2002 or 2003.
Under 19s trials will take place at the University of Worcester Arena at 7:30-10pm
Thursday 29th October AND 5th November 2020 (you are required to attend both dates).
2020/21 Training times are to be fully confirmed, but are currently scheduled as twice a week:
Tuesday 7:15-9:15pm at the University of Gloucestershire Arena
Thursday 8-10pm at the University of Worcester Arena
Severn Stars’ U19 Coaches are Jasmine Hainsworth, (Head Coach) Emma McKenzie and Caroline Ritchie-Morgan (Assistant Coaches).
COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The situation around COVID-19 is ever changing and here at Severn Stars we want you to be sure that we are fully up to date with all processes and procedures aligned to England Netball guidance. It is essential that you read all information about returning to play that you can and that you make the best decision based on your individual circumstances.
NPL falls under the England Netball roadmap for the return of COMMUNITY netball. By the time of trials we will be at point 4b of this roadmap – ‘Competition and Modified Rules.’
For all risks involved and more information from England Netball on this including the adaptations to the game we will be following please click here.
There is also a video from England Netball about the risks involved here.
- Our COVID Officer is Olivia who can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Severn Stars will have completed all risk assessments and mitigation plans to England Netball standards.
- In advance of trials a list of all COVID-19 information will be sent by email including the following:
- We will provide a digital track and trace system that each player must take part in at all trials, training and matches.
- Please bring a mobile phone to scan a QR code upon entering a training or playing venue.
- A maximum of 30 per court are permitted (including players, officials, coaches and selectors).
- To ensure maximum number of triallists no spectators are allowed (drop off and pick up outside the building, details sent in advance).
- Players are asked to wear masks when entering the building and leaving the trial area (courts).
- Players must arrive changed and cannot use the showers or changing rooms after the trial.
- Players must arrive ready to be on court at the start time given (not too early) and leave immediately once trials are over.
Specific times and drop off points will be communicated in advance.
- Players are asked to bring their own antibacterial hand gel to use every 15 minutes at trials. Hand gel is provided by the venues, but it will be more time efficient for each player to use their own.
- You will be sent a Health Declaration Questionnaire to screen for possible COVID-19 symptoms before the trial.
- If you are unsure if you are high risk or not, you should seek advice from your own GP.